Questions & Answers

What cable should I use to connect the balanced outputs of an AudioBox iTwo to unbalanced inputs?

+1 vote
asked Jan 5, 2016 in AudioBox USB by staffanstrmberg (130 points)
I'd like to connect the outputs of the AudioBox iTwo to two mono channels on my mixer that has unbalanced 1/4" phono inputs.

2 Answers

+1 vote
answered Jan 5, 2016 by gadget69 (31,150 points)
Use a 1/4" X 1/4" line level (not SPEAKER) cable (instrument cables work fine here) You could use 1/4" ballaced (TRS) cable but no benefit will likely be realized doing this, I even use standard RCA/RCA and RCA/1/4" adapters.

A good quality cable will be less likely to suffer interference, but esoteric cables are not necessary.
0 votes
answered Feb 13, 2019 by andypeake (320 points)
Changing from TS to TRS cable from the output of my 1818VSL to my Mackie mixer just eliminated a pesky ground hum that i had been trying to resolve for sometime. So my response is that TRS cables CAN be a benefit if the receiving hardware is able to connect as a TRS balanced line.