Made a video demonstrating the features needed.
You will not be able to understand the requests unless you watch the video.
In short, here are the feature request:
- Faster saving that doesn't overtake your project. In Cubase, the saving is instant and doesn't interfere with your workflow at all.
- Glue tool to join to midi notes
- Proper Arrow/Scissor (while holding control) tool in midi like it works in audio. Having an eraser and draw tool for control is useless when you can draw by double clicking a blank space and delete a note by double clicking it.
- Audition all notes in a chord by holding Shift (including notes that do not start with the other notes. All notes in that vertical line should be able to be auditioned).
- Eq already loaded in mixer like in Cubase. Ability to select which EQ will be loaded so you can use better quality EQs by default. EQ is such a basic part of recording and mixing and you shouldn't have to load an EQ. There could be a button on the left to show/hide EQ as a module in the mixer.
Thank you for considering this suggestions. I love Studio One, but these missing features make it much more difficult to work efficiently.