After an hour of playing around in S1 for the first time after watching a bunch of tutorials I got really excited to start working in it.
There are a few things however that immediately came to my attention as these were breaking my speed coming from other DAW's like Live, FL Studio and Reaper.
Here's what I'd like to see:
note: A few were already submitted. Please give them a thumbs-up too if you agree!
1. Focus based deletion for [Del] & [Backspace]
Right now these are reserved for Events only where on other areas you have to right-click->remove or add a new shortcut. We should be able to click a track or mixer track in the console or a plugin on the insert and use Delete or Backspace for that too instead of mapping a ton of extra deletion shortcuts.
2. Expose default scroll/zoom behavior in the keyboard shortcuts for customization
I could get used to it but it would be welcome to be able to change with which modifiers you zoom/scroll horizontally or vertically.
3. Disable 'move event' after time selection
Re-dragging over a time selection move the event instead of making a new selection.
Moving the event should stay limited to the bottom portion of the track!
4. Option to zoom in/out with 'Edit Position' as anchor instead of 'Mouse Position'
Hotkey zoom in/out works like this but the mouse scroll doesn't.
5. Add 'Arrangement view panning' with a 'Hand Tool' & 'Mouse Modifier'
Navigating fast is most important for every DAW user. Using 'middle-click' with or without modifier would be so welcome to all the non track-pad users.
Link 2 Link 3