I am going to be travelling extensively over the next few years and want an ultra-portable guitar-recording interface. Every gramme matters! I am torn between options below:
1. Apogee Jam 96 - super light at only 50g BUT the only discussions I have found on this suggest that there are issues with Studio One v3. Apogee stuff seems more built for Mac, but I am using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4.
2. Focusrite Scarlett - lighter than the Presonus iOne, but not sure what the latency/interoperability will be like. At 0.4kg it is obviously much heavier than the Apogee.
3. Presonus iOne - bound to work well with Studio One. Heaviest of the 3 units.
Edited to add some other considerations...
4. Alesis GuitarLink - just a cable!
5. Alesis Core 1 - only 140g
6. And finally the IK Rig Pro http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigproio/index.php?pp=irigproio-info
- also super light.
Weight really is an issue, but there is no point in having something where the latency is terrible. Does anyone have experience of any of these? Does anyone know if there is better latency for any of them?
My kit: Studio One 3 Artist. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (16gb ram). Acoustic guitar w/ LR Braggs pickup.
Thanks a mill