Never mind. The problems I was having with FP16 were resolved.
- I made sure that I was booted up in the Studio One mode.
- I performed a complete factory reset.
- I UPDATED the FP16 firmware to 3.XX (it was 2.XX, I thought I had already done that).
- Rebooted FP16 a couple of times.
All the problems that I was experiencing went away. I am not sure which step above cleared the issue. Nobody was able to explain why I could only get 8 channels of control out of the FP16.
This was a very frustrating experience. I worked on trying to resolve this issue for over a week. I lost valuable time trying to get my new studio up and running. I have several other issues and learning curves to resolve. This problem was paralyzing to my ability to progress onto getting full functionality of my equipment.